Spaghetti Squash with Sausage and Veggies
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp. Alpha Health coconut oil
4 sausages, casings removed
- 4 cups baby kale
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut squash lengthwise and remove seeds. Rub with some olive oil and sprinkle with salt/black pepper. Cook face down on a baking try at 400F for 40-50 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and begin to sauté onions. Add sausage meat and continue to sauté for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until meat appears completely browned (2-3 minutes longer). Add kale, spices, and white wine. Continue sautéing for another 2 minutes. Add salt and black pepper to taste as needed.
- Using a fork, scrape out the spaghetti squash (this should be easy and it should look like spaghetti strands). Place desired amount on a plate and top with your meat and veggie mixture.
- Option to sprinkle with Parmesan cheese!