Coconut Bunny Cupcakes
We wanted to create a guilt-free, delicious treat that kids will love and will offer you an opportunity to test your culinary art skills! These fun bunny cupcakes are gluten-free, dairy-free and low sugar. Make these this weekend for all your family and friends 🙂
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup Organic Coconut Flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. sea salt
1/4 cup Coconut Blossom Sugar
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 cup DME™ Coconut Oil, melted and cooled down
1/2 cup almond milk
1 cup shredded coconut, toasted – for topping
Bunny Ears (optional)
Crunchy Coconut Blossom Chocolate Mixture
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour into one bowl and combine with remaining dry ingredients. Mix your wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet until cupcake mixture is smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners with mixture about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
While cupcakes are baking you can prepare Crunchy Coconut Blossom Chocolate mixture. When mixture is ready, allow to cool down slightly – about 5 minutes. Place mixture in an icing bag, then in refrigerator to cool for another 5 minutes. Line a try with parchment paper. When mixture removed from the fridge, use hands to massage it around in icing bag. Carefully squeeze little lines onto parchment paper. Using a small spatula, press down and shape into little bunny ears. Place in the freezer to harden – about 10 minutes.
Remove cupcakes from the oven and let cool while you prepare icing.
- In a small mixing bowl, use an electric whisk or mixer to whip coconut oil until smooth consistency.
- Add half the powdered sugar and whip until combined. Slowly add vanilla and almond milk and combine well. Add remaining sugar and whip until smooth and should be a light brown colour.
- Ice your cupcakes once they have cooled completely. Top with toasted coconut and your bunny ears.
Makes 12 cupcakes