A wonderful, hearty winter soup. The camelina oil adds warmth and a slight nutty touch to this recipe.
- 8 white potatoes, chopped in 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups chopped leeks
- 1/4 cup Alpha Red Palm Oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5-6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- Salt to taste
- Parsley for garnish
Alpha Camelina Oil for drizzle
- Preheat oven to °375F. Line a large baking tray with foil.
- Spread potatoes and leeks evenly along baking tray with red palm oil.
- Add camelina oil, salt and pepper. Toss until vegetables are evenly coated.
- Roast for 40 minutes, flipping half way through.
- In a large pot on medium heat, add bacon and shallot. Allow to cook until bacon is crispy. Add garlic for last minute of cooking. Drain excess bacon fat.
- Set aside a little bacon for a crunchy soup topping.
- When vegetables are roasted add to your pot. Mix in stock and allow to heat for about 5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree into soup.
- Add your cream and fold into soup. Salt to taste.
- Pour into bowls, garnish, drizzle with camelina and serve.
Leave a comment