This beats 'just another potato dish'. If you're looking for something creative and packed with flavour, this is for you. The combination of the caramelized onions with the mashed potato mixture is a perfect amount of sweet and salty We used nutritional yeast as a cheese replacement making this dish dairy-free.
- 1 large sweet potato or yam
- 2 Tbsp. Alpha Red Palm Olein
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. Organic Camelina Oil
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 3 stems green onion, diced
- Nutritional yeast for topping
Preheat oven to 425°F. Poke a few holes in your sweet potato and bake until soft, about 40-45 minutes.
- In a large pan, heat your Red Palm Olein on low/medium heat.
- Add your red onion and mix around in oil until well covered. Allow to cook and slowly caramelize.
- After 10 minutes mix in your maple syrup with the onions. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- When your sweet potato is cooked, cut in half and scoop out the inside and place in a bowl, leaving a little bit with skin.
- Add your nutritional yeast, camelina oil and black pepper with the potato, and mash together well.
- Place equal amounts of the mashed mixture back into your sweet potato skin halves.
- Top with your red pepper, green onion and caramelized onions. Sprinkle with a little extra nutritional yeast.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a comment