This sauce is perfect for chicken, ribs, salmon, or topping a burger. The smoky flavour will be great for marinating tofu too! It makes about 3 cups and we encourage you to raid your cupboards to make it your own. You can make it hotter or milder by adjusting the amount of cayenne and Sriracha you put in, either way, you are going to love it. I am never going to bother with store bought BBQ sauce again.
- ¼ cup Alpha Red Palm Olein
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Sriracha Sauce
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp. of liquid smoke
- In a heavy sauce pan heat Alpha Red Palm Olein over medium heat.
- Sauté onions until soft, add garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add spices, stir, and cook for another two minutes
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Do not cover.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting and cook, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool. Store in glass jars in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Leave a comment