These cookies are adapted from The Cornucopia At Home Cookbook, a wonderful vegetarian cookbook that is a staple in my home. If you ever get a chance to visit the Cornucopia Restaurant in Dublin, do. It is an oasis of really great food, made with love. http://www.cornucopia.ie/cookbook/ Enjoy these cookies, they take no skill to make, and can feed a diverse crowd because they taste great while being dairy, gluten, nut and egg free. These are even better the second day, and remind me of the classic chocolate chip cookie would practically beg my mom to make. Enjoy! Alicia xo
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 5 Tbsp. cold water
- 1 cup Alpha Coconut Blossom Sugar
- 3/4 cup of DME Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F°. Line two cookie sheets with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Mix flax and water in a small dish and let sit 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream coconut oil, sugar, and flax mixture.
- Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add flour and salt, and combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Take about 1.5 Tbsp. of dough and form into a cookie shape. Place on cookie sheet 1" apart from the next.
- Bake 20 minutes. Let cool.
Leave a comment