This gazpacho is light, satisfying and refreshing - perfect for these warm summer days. Alpha Balance™ has been used in this recipe to make an impressive chili oil that pulls together wonderful flavours in this dish.
Ingredients - Gazpacho
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked 4-8 hours
- 1 cup almonds, toasted & ground
- 2 Tbsp. sherry
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup Alpha Camelina Oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1.5L water, boiled then cooled to bring finished soup to 6 servings
- 1 cup grapes, cut in half - for topping
- Slivered almonds, toasted - for topping
- Place soaked cashews in blender. Add ground almonds, and enough water to blend. The mixture should resemble pancake batter.
- Add sherry, vinegar, almond extract, garlic and salt. Slowly pour in camelina oil as mixture is blending. Add water a little bit at a time to keep mixture smooth.
- Pour from blender into a bowl through fine sieve, using a spoon to press down on solids. Add enough water to make up 6 cups.
- Chill mixture for 1-3 hours
- Pour soup into shallow bowls. Mound grapes in the centre of each bowl. Top with slivered almonds and drizzle with chili oil.
Ingredients - Alpha Balance™ Chili Oil
- Toast chili flakes over medium heat in dry pan. Remove from pan and put in container.
- Add Alpha Balance™ oil and steep for 1-2 days.
- This has a kick, add a little to spice up your dish!
Leave a comment