You want fries but want to avoid harmful vegetable oils? You're in for a treat! We made these bite size home-style fries with our new Red Palm Olein and they are a hit. A nice crunch on the outside with a little softness left on the inside. The Red Palm Olein leaves a nice, light neutral flavour without the heaviness of many fried oils. Breakfast hash browns, a side for lunch or a little snack, these home-style fries will get two thumbs up!
- 10 red potatoes, sliced thick with skin on
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- Alpha Red Palm Olein for deep fryer - amount will vary depending on requirements for fryer
- 1 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- Fill a large bowl with water, add sliced potatoes with the 1 tablespoon of sea salt and allow to soak for about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are soaking, add your oil to the deep fryer and heat until it reaches a temperature of 375°F.
- Drain and rinse potatoes well.
- Add potatoes to fryer in small batches. Fry for about 4 minutes then give them a little turn, and cook for about another 4 minutes. Potatoes will have a deep golden colour.
- Line your large bowl with some paper towel, and place cooked fries into bowl.
- Do the same until all potatoes are fried.
- Add remaining salt in with fries and toss around.
- Serve on their own or with your favourite dipping sauce!
Leave a comment