A delightful lemon cake to please all. This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free, but still light, fluffy and melt in your mouth.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup Alpha's Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp lemon test
- 1/2 cup Alpha's DME™ Coconut Oil, melted and cooled down.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In one bowl, mix your dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a second bowl, add your milk, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, and mix well. Slowly add the coconut oil and continue to mix until well combined. An electric whisk works well.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until well combined.
- Lightly grease a square cake pan. Pour in your cake batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until lightly browned and toothpick comes out clean.
- When cake is cooked, allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before applying icing.
- For icing, place solid coconut oil in a mixing bowl. Using electric whisk, whisk until fluffy. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Add the vanilla, and mix until fully combined. Add the milk, finish mixing until smooth.
- Spread a nice layer over your lemon cake, enjoy!
Leave a comment