Many of us have likely already munched through our 'one' bag of mini bags we allow ourselves each Easter. We wanted to create a guilt-free Easter treat that tastes delicious, kids will love them and will test your food art skills! These fun bunny cupcakes are gluten-free, dairy-free and low sugar. Make these this Easter weekend for all your family and friends :)
Bunny Ears (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sift flour into one bowl and combine with remaining dry ingredients. Mix your wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet until cupcake mixture is smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners with mixture about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While cupcakes are baking you can prepare Crunchy Coconut Blossom Chocolate mixture. When mixture is ready, allow to cool down slightly - about 5 minutes. Place mixture in an icing bag, then in refrigerator to cool for another 5 minutes. Line a try with parchment paper. When mixture removed from the fridge, use hands to massage it around in icing bag. Carefully squeeze little lines onto parchment paper. Using a small spatula, press down and shape into little bunny ears. Place in the freezer to harden - about 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and let cool while you prepare icing.
- In a small mixing bowl, use an electric whisk or mixer to whip coconut oil until smooth consistency.
- Add half the powdered sugar and whip until combined. Slowly add vanilla and almond milk and combine well. Add remaining sugar and whip until smooth and should be a light brown colour.
- Ice your cupcakes once they have cooled completely. Top with toasted coconut and your bunny ears.
Makes 12 cupcakes
Leave a comment