We had a special request from an Alpha team member for a dairy-free butter chicken, and it passed all the taste tests with empty bowls! Many of you can probably relate if you have come into food allergies or sensitivities later in life, and can no longer enjoy some of your favourite foods. For those of you who miss a good buttery butter chicken, this recipe will be a new hit in the household!
- 2 Tbsp. Alpha DME™ Coconut Oil
- 3 free-range chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. garam masala
- 2 tsp. coriander
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 can organic full-fat coconut milk
- 1 small can organic tomato paste
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Juice from half a lemon
- Cilantro for garnish
- Sliced almonds for garnish
- Brown rice for serving
- In a large deep pan on medium heat, heat coconut oil. Add chopped chicken and allow to cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Combine all your spices in a small bowl and add to pan once chicken is browned. Allow to cook into chicken for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and tomato paste, slowly stir until well combined, then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to a light simmer and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and salt at the end before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro and sliced almonds.
- You can serve with brown rice or for a grain-free alternative try riced cauliflower!
Leave a comment