It's holiday season, you have parties to attend and potlucks to cook for; but what do you bring with so little time? Hummus is always an easy and well loved option. We created a hearty hummus recipe with the new AlphaBalance™
giving this a slightly nutty flavour, and the addition of roasted red peppers gives each bite a gentle kick.
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup AlphaBalance™ oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced, roasted
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Place your sliced red peppers on a parchment lined pan, roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine all other hummus ingredients (except parsley) in a food processor, and blend until desired consistency. We went for a chunky hummus.
- After plating hummus, drizzle with a bit of extra AlphaBalance™ and top with your roasted red peppers and parsley. For a stronger red pepper flavour, ad roasted peppers to your hummus when processing.
Leave a comment