First snow has hit the local mountains and the air now has a crisp winter feel to it. How about a flavourful, dairy-free soup to warm you up? This Coconut Chicken Green Curry Soup is the perfect pick for something creamy without being heavy, and although it's a soup, can also be served over rice. The vegetables are added in the last few minutes of cooking to keep their crunch and maximum flavour.
- 2 Tbsp. Alpha DME Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp. green curry paste
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 Organic Chicken Breast – sliced in thin strips
- 1 can Organic coconut milk
- 2.5 cups Organic chicken broth
- 4 large mushrooms - chopped large
- 2 tomatoes - chopped
- ½ cup broccoli – chopped small
- Handful bean sprouts
- Small bunch of cilantro – chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- Warm coconut oil in large pot on medium heat. Add your green curry paste and ginger; mix until smooth.
- Add your chicken, ensure all sides are coated with paste and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in coconut milk and chicken broth. Bring to a light simmer and cover. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and broccoli. Allow to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the beans sprouts, cilantro (save a little for garnish) and lime juice. Stir into soup just long enough for it to be warmed, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with a bit of your cilantro and enjoy!
Leave a comment