Whether you are craving a classic comfort food or you need an unforgettable, but simple, side dish to pair with your main course, potatoes are a great 'go to' selection. But how do you spice them up so they aren't just another potato dish? This twist on the classic mashed potato is how! A bite of these will give you a creamy, cheesy, nutty flavor and a dose of Omega 3's. The potato dish that won't be forgotten!
- Begin to bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cut potatoes in quarter pieces. We like the skins on, you can peel if preferred.
- Add potatoes to water and let boil for 15-20 minutes; until firm but can be easily pierced with a fork.
- While potatoes are boiling, add minced garlic to 1 teaspoon of Camelina to pan on low heat. Let sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain water from potatoes and begin to mash potatoes.
- Add cream and sautéed garlic to potatoes and mash together.
- Fold in parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and most of the chives.
- Once plated, drizzle 1 Tablespoon Camelina over the potatoes and garnish with remaining chives and parsley.
- Serve alone or as a delicious side. Watch your guests smile!
Leave a comment