A little something to mix up your dinners each week. Flavourful, filling, and a creative way to cook your peppers!
- 2 Tbsp. Alpha DME™ Coconut Oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. green curry paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4 mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 large peppers, tops removed and cored
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In medium sized pot, heat 1 tablespoon of DME coconut oil. Add quinoa and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, water and salt, stir until combined. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and allow to simmer about 25 minutes until cooked. Give a little stir half way through and mix in green curry paste.
- Once cooked remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes, giving quinoa a fluff at the end.
- In a pan, heat second tablespoon of DME coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions, cook for about 2 minutes. Add carrot and mushrooms cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Mix vegetables in with quinoa once both are cooked. Fold in cilantro.
- Stuff peppers with quinoa blend.
- Place in dish and bake for 15 minutes.
Leave a comment